Thursday, January 24, 2019

setyoursoulfree.

soul.
noun. the spiritual principle embodied in human beings, all rational and spiritual beings, or the universe.


writer’s block feels like i am drinking chlorine and my soul is burning to ashes. 

maybe i need to be ashes to rise again.

i need to believe in myself.
i need to stop feeling scared, embarrassed, doubtful.

honestly, i am not happy with myself when i am not creating art. 
i am not happy when i resist to put my emotions into words.
i am not free when i can’t write.

part of me is so exhausted. 
i burnt myself out last semester.
i was so busy all the time. 

it was to the point that i forgot to put myself first.
i forgot that my health was a priority.
i forgot to remind myself that it was okay to feel anything other than okay.

when you do that, when you deprive your soul of feeling, and you become numb,
you are depriving your soul of freedom. 

souls are not meant to be imprisoned. 
souls crave nurturing.
water. vitamins. working out. healthy foods.
music. dancing. singing. raw emotions. stretches.
sex. spirituality (whatever that is for you). nature. flowers.
plants. fun. sleep. rest. meditation. light. life.

life.

that’s so important.
never deprive yourself from living.

life is not going to be always happy and fun.
but you have to decide for your damn self that you are going
to make it happy and fun again.
and again. and again.
and again.

it all starts within you.
and if you wallow in your sadness, anger, pain, 
you will never grow.
you will never live fully.
you will never truly be 
free.

set
your
soul
free,
darling.


typing out my feelings right now feels like a weird exorcism. 
i haven’t done it in so long. it feels so damn good.

i have big plans for psithurism.
for this brand.
for this conversation.
for me.

and even though i deprived myself of a lot of things for so long, 
today i am saying no more deprivation of natural things.

no more depriving myself of feelings.
no more depriving myself of rest.
no more depriving myself of balance.
no more depriving myself of peace.

balance to me looks different than balance looks to you and to the next person. 

and you have to decide for yourself what balance you are striving for.
just make sure you have the essentials in there: love, health, happiness, and peace.

whatever that looks like to you. do it. allow it. nurture it.

i know it’s scary sometimes, to commit to making a positive change in your life. 
i know it’s scary and incredibly difficult to be so brutally honest with yourself and say:

“you deserve more. so stop focusing on the bad. stop surrounding yourself with negative people. stop tearing yourself apart. and start pulling yourself together with love, honesty, peace, and balance.”

darling, you deserve more.
you deserve to see the light.

life doesn’t stay dark forever.
but that is your choice because 
the light is within you. 

the light is you.

stop depriving yourself of being a light.
your soul has been waiting.
it wants to be free.
let it.

once you do that, 
you will blossom. 

i promise it is worth it.
i promise life is worth living.

i promise you are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment